Housing & Home Services
The home is more than shelter. It is a personal statement of safety, wellbeing and a platform for living. AgeLab researchers are exploring both older adult decision making about where to ‘age-in-place’ or move, what technologies might be integrated into everyday living to enable wellbeing and safety without sacrificing dignity, and what services might be desired by both older users, families and providers.
Selected projects include:
- Customer-Driven Service Innovations in Home Services & Independent Living
- User Requirements of Robotic Autonomous Wheelchair in a Long-Term Care Setting
- Trust, Privacy & Home Technology
- Anthropomorphic Home Technology Interfaces & Older User Adoption
- Age-Readiness of Retirement Living Alternatives